jeudi 27 août 2015

Good-bye to Hannibal Lecter, Nurse Ratched, and the rest of the Gang





At the freak circus of humanity called the downtown Seattle YMCA...in fact, there is no way to prove that my reviews of that august institution has anything to do with plummeting membership.  Even if I hadn't written them, people would be leaving precisely because of the things that I pointed out in my reviews (bullying, obscene language, break-ins, thefts, changing demographics, racial tensions).


Unfortunately, one of my 2014 Yelp reviews of the downtown Seattle YMCA was removed without my being notified or a copy being sent to me.   I had inadvertently forgotten to save it to my blog.

But I do wish to mention my ruefulness at having been able to do a pithy Stephen Sondheim-type of rhyming/repetition of



  Leering

 Jeering

 Sneering

in reference to the behavior, towards me, of a certain member ("The Hulk") of the downtown Seattle YMCA.  I don't think too many Yelp members either caught or appreciated it.



Hannibal Lecter.

Nurse Ratched.

And the rest of the Gang.


You made my days at the downtown YMCA miserable, but at the end of the day I hope to be able to say "Good-bye" to you.  Forever.

If anything, I need a fresh start if only to look exclusively for the good in the human race and not allow the truly despicable to inhabit my thoughts and imagination.


* * * * *

Besides, hypocrisy and deceit were observed and recounted in great detail by Jonathan Swift almost three centuries ago.

I never wonder to see men wicked, but I often wonder to see them not ashamed.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html#X3TuZjrZqtAwkwjw.99



# # #







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire