mercredi 1 février 2017

As racist as anything or anyone it denounces.




As a person of color I have to confront racist--of all colors--"all the time," including from the pages of this newspaper.

Yesterday I read in "Last Days" in The Stranger how deplorable it was for a 35-year-old white man to have a discussion with three black tee-agers, which led to the latter to get off the bus.

But I do not recall The Stranger ever even mentioning the spate of robberies in the last year of Asian women in South Seattle, even when it resulted in a woman being shot to death after refusing to hand over her purse.

All lives matter, not just those of a certain color.

The omission of acts of violence against racial groups other than African-Americans is appallingly racist.

Got to hand it to The Stranger, it's as racist and cowardly, or more, as anything or anyone it denounces.

I, or anyone else, should not have to fear being attacked for simply telling what has happened to me or what I think about what is happening in my community.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire