samedi 18 février 2017

Special Needs Trust IV: A case study - Buying furniture



Proposal to trustee for purchase of furniture



I would like to buy some new furniture.

The reason I mentioned this is that the last time we spoke in person, as I recall, that I use up my inheritance by spending it, a large part of it at least, on furniture.

And am trying to an idea of what furniture you think I should have (your tastes, preferences, wants...) so I can go out shopping with an idea of what you have in mind to shop and look for.

With your previous experience in retailing, I know you would like to share///

Would my sending you photographs of my apartment help you to choose and decide what [kinds of furniture] you think I should have?
(I don't want to waste time and effort looking at furniture you would hesitate about approving disbursements for).

What kind of furniture do you like?     (What kind of furniture would you approve ?)

What material  (fabric, etc.) do you prefer?     What material would you approve of?     

What brands do you want me to do?    (What brands do/would you you approve of?)

What colors do you like?     Any strong preferences or dislikes?

What styles would you approve of?   What styles are you neutral towards?  Do you like solid pastel colors ?  Would they more likely earn your approval and support?

Do you like wingtip chairs?   Or do you think they're too old-fashioned?   How many do you want me to have?    (Is two chairs "excessive")?

Would you be happy (or dissatisfied) with furniture bought from Sears?   St. Vincent de Paul?   Nordstrom?  Ethan Allen?  J.C. Penney?  

For local retail stores, would you please make your preferences known from the list below:


Do you wish to limit it to $, $$, $$$, or $$$$, or to **** and above?

www.yelp.com
Reviews on Furniture stores in Seattle, WA - Bedrooms & More, McKinnon Furniture, Kasala Outlet, ten22home, Used Furniture, Kasala, Digs, Reclaim Decor, Retrofit Home ...
"It's been so much fun shopping with you."




Would you like photographs of the furniture?   Would you like me to submit a list of furniture I would to purchase so that you can approve of the ones you really like and think that I should enjoy and that you think would  and should enhance my life, and so that you can decide how much you would like me to (I should) spend and so that you can decide whether or not you think the price is reasonable?

What would you like to have as your budget for my chair?

Would you approve of my buying the furniture this year or do want to wait another 3-4 years?



Do you want to fly out to Seattle so that we can look around at the stores you approve of , and, from the list pieces of furniture I select, you choose and make a final choice based on what you think you want me to have in my apartment and what pleases or really "grabs" you?   Or at least veto the ones you don't like on my list and let me make a choice from the remaining ones that you haven't crossed off the list?



Or do you want me to (and think I should) not buy any furniture (although you might "et me buy a piece of furniture depending on what it is) all together?

Is there else you think I should want something that I haven't mentioned?

(Do you want me to buy clothing?  Do you think I should buy shoes?  Should I get them at the Nordstrom Rack?   (Would you approve and say to me "That is a good use of  trust funds"?)

Maybe you're inclined to have me not buy anything/  Or is it your wish that I spend as little as possible?   Or are you undecided, "depending on the circumstances"?

     

Would you buy likely to approve of me buying plane tickets for both us to fly to London for a week so you can help me pick a wardrobe that we both like?    If I said "no," would that affect whether or not you approve my going to China in the fall?     Or do you think I need (= should want) you to accompany you?

And would come over sometime and rearrange my apartment for me so that it looks the way you think it should and the way you'd like it look?

Your wish is my command.

Relax, I am putting your needs (and wants) first.

Thank you, in advance, for this clarification.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire