samedi 18 février 2017

Special Needs Trusts III: Siblings know each other






"Beneficiary, who has known trustee his entire life, asserts that she strongly is of the belief that the rationalization--emotional reasonin--used by trustee in administering the SNT is the following:  "I don't know if I should let her buy.  I don't want her to buy good X or service Y.   I don't like the item. I don't think he should she have X/Y.   Ergo, she should not buy it (at least not with trust funds).  
"It is excessive.  The price is too expensive.   She already has items identical or similar to X/Y.   Since X/Y is not necessary, so why am I obligated to approve X/Y...especially when there are so many other things she could buy instead?       

"I don't think she would benefit from it.    It would not enhance her life.  And I don't think she would enjoy it, even though she says she would.  I think I know her pretty well, being her sister.  

"I think I know what's good and what's not good for her.. Does she really know what's good for her?   Not necessarily.   

"God, I don't know what she's up to.  Haven't I let her buy pretty much whatever she has wanted?   If you think this is about my fear of losing control of things, you're wrong.  I'm doing this because I am looking out for her, as I always have."




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire