samedi 11 juillet 2015

Drafts, previews, posts, buttons, clicks, images, words and fragments...etc. can swarm so.






Blogger, Blogger, where art thou?

In this day and age of high tech, it is surprising to find that Blogger.com still has its own hitches.

I use this blogspot as my journal.   I notice that between writing entries, some of which are to be published and others only held as personal drafts, certain entries get switched around.

As a result, entries which were meant to be kept as part of a personal journal are actually published for some while before I can get around to moving them to the other side.

I have recently noticed duplicate entries, or near identical postings, one of which obviously should have been discarded.  As I write this blog haphazardly, when I have a moment or two, I think these oversights can be understood.

I notice that when I am trying to edit a single posting, preview, change layout, view the entire blog, and even work simultaneously on several stages, a half a dozen tabs on my brower can in a couple of minutes appear.

It can be confusing.  You try closing two or three, and then four more suddenly appear.

For me, writing this blog has a certain ambivalence:  I don't like confronting myself with scrupulous honesty.  For me, half the time, I'd prefer a kind of lazy, 30-second honesty.  So I write a bit, click one of the buttons on the upper left (and hit the wrong one often, too).  And a few minutes...or maybe an hour be thinking of an image...or two hours later put it in, and the next day pick up where I left off.

That is, if I haven't accidentally deleted the entire posting, as has happened to me before, to my extreme chagrin.

The function of moving posts back into a preview stage, for instance, this morning was not working.

It has dawned on me that a blog of any sort can be read by persons with the most dubious intentions...

There must be some online journal writing site.  I started with Blogspot and never gravitated elsewhere...

After years of carrying around a bound journal which contained my calendar, personal journal, clippings, scribblings, etc., it is hard for me to separate the different strands.  But an I-pad, or a PC, has too many clicks.  The other way "flowed" in an organic way.

The younger generation thinks otherwise...





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire