vendredi 31 juillet 2015

CENSORED Yelp Review: RUTHLESS. She set up a meeting, and it was a set-up, all right. (Part 2: A review of the downtown YMCA)





Part 2    RUTHLESS.

"If we do not speak this week, I will put your membership on hold until I return from vacation, which is Friday July 17th."   -Cynthia Klever in email to this Yelper, dated July 8, 2015 

Cynthia's consummate strength is in two areas: (1) learning how to press another person's buttons and (2) using that knowledge to her advantage.

The meeting she set up was to provoke a confrontation.   It was a set up, all right.

What this is really about...what that they don't want others to know...
The truth is

DANNY CHEN.

nation.time.com/2012/08/…

* * * * *

In the past last three years, I was bullied NOT ONLY by members at the YMCA but also by employees of the YMCA, including the current director of the downtown YMCA herself because I told them I was being bullied and complained that they were not doing enough to protect me.  

If I could prove this, the YMCA would then be legally responsible for the damage.

Thus, in terminating my membership, they felt they would no longer be at risk.  But they needed to give a reason that would not leave them open to charges.

Ms. Klever and her assistant treated me like a common criminal:  I was thrown out of the facility immediately and had to plead to be allowed to take a shower.

This is one gym where probably half of the members look as if they have had run-ins with the law.

Dazed by the turn of events, I forgot to lock my locker when I went to take a shower.  I grabbed my things after hastily saying good-bye to my friends.

A formal warning is part of normal YMCA procedure.  I was not given one.

The only witness is someone who works directly under Cynthia Klever.

* * * * *

Through snow blizzards, shingles, sniffles, ankle and toe fractures, acid reflux, and knee pain, for the past 23 years, I have swum at Evans, Colman, Garfield, Queen Anne, Meredith Matthews, Seattle U., downtown YMCA pools, as well as from Honolulu to Boston and San Francisco.   

Yet Ms. Klever nastily insisted that my swimming was causing serious problems for other swimmers.  That is simply not true, as the lifeguards can testify to.  For the past two years I have swum 7-10 miles a week at the downtown Y.  No problems.

Since 2006, my Yelp reviews of the downtown YMCA chronicle the slow downward arc of a once vibrant civic institution to one today where it provides shelter for some very unsavory characters and has become notorious for the number of locker break-ins as well as of sexual escapades.

* * * * *

Look past the bubbly exterior.

From my experience having to deal with her at the downtown Y, and I would never say the following unless I were certain:  the director Cynthia Klever is not an honest person.   I have noticed in the past that she prevaricated, casually.  At the meeting on July 9, 2015, she repeatedly lied. 

There are honorable people at the downtown YMCA.  She is not one of them.

The downtown YMCA under the direction of Cynthia Klever no longer honors the values of honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility.

I feel physically sick from my interaction with this person the morning of July 7, 2015.

When you lie about someone, you violate someone's integrity.  

You violate them.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire