lundi 27 juillet 2015

CENSORED Yelp Review: Contempt and hostility invite the same. But I decline the invitation to lie (Part 3 of a review of the downtown YMCA)



Part 3:

SHE'S A BAD GIRL!     

She's not what she pretends to be.
   
Meet Nurse Ratched, Hannibal Lecter, and the rest of the gang.

"She kind of likes a rigged game."   --Ken Kesey's "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest"

On July 9, 2015 I was verbally assaulted and then kicked out by Cynthia Klever, The Terminator...I mean, the Y director.  

It was the equivalent of being repeatedly slammed against a wall.  

Contempt and hostility invite the same.  I refuse the invitation to lie.

* * * * *

I've never written a review like this before and hope never to have do it again.

I am troubled by the conduct of Cynthia Klever, the fraudulent white racist director.  I feel compelled--in the seventh decade of my life--to speak out against her abuse of power. 

No, I didn't spend time shooting the breeze--like some--with her in her office.

Most people don't ever scratch the surface of what really goe ons here.

After my meeting last week with young Ms. Klever and her assistant, I felt diminished as a human being.

I hope that my review will make it difficult for misconduct to happen again at the YMCA.  She will undoubtedly be on her best behavior, at least for a while.

A YMCA director must be able to distinguish between what is ethical from is clearly not.  When an organization egregiously violates its own rules, it has a serious problem.

In the 13 years I've been a member here, I've observed at the downtown Y some of the best and worst in human beings.  

I was never treated more poorly in my life.


* * * * *

BULLYING is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception, by the bully or by others, of an imbalance of social or physical power, which distinguishes bullying from conflict.
(Wikipedia)

Yes, I was bullied at the downtown YMCA by employees, including director Cynthia Klever.

At the meeting of July 9, 2015, there was a power imbalance that included (1) white perogative and (2) having two people of the same race, gender, and approximately the same age against one of a different race, gender, orientation, and age (generation) in the room.   They kept saying to me, "What difference does it make?"

Also Ms. Klever resorted to the use of a threat and a false pretext ("to resolve an email") to get me to meet with her.

Without much ado she launched into an aggressive interrogation.  In an contemptuous, angry tone of voice, scalded me me with accusations and blame by playing fast and loose with the truth (see parts 1 and 2).

I was provoked to the point of tears:  Ms. Klever is young enough to be my daughter; her assistant, on hand to help do the dirty work, my grand daughter.   I had trusted her.

I DID NOT FEEL SAFE.

I should have walked right out of her office, but I did not listen to my body.  

Afterwards I felt upset, demeaned, and humiliated.

Today I will be looking into legal action.

* * * * *

I have been a member of a local YMCA all together for the past 20 years and never thought not to place my trust in the organization.    (Ten months ago Ms. Klever, grinning, rejoindered:  "Gossip?  Gosh, us??  No...this is the YMCA!"

IF YOU HAVE A DISAGREEMENT WITH THE DOWNTOWN YMCA, DO NOT AGREE TO DISCUSS THE ISSUE AND MEET WITH THEM (ESPECIALLY IF THEY SAY "COLLEAGUE X" WILL BE THERE) UNLESS IT IS DONE IN THE LOBBY IN THE FULL PRESENCE OF OTHER PEOPLE, INCLUDING THE PUBLIC.

I had nothing to hide by speaking with Ms. Klever in the lobby and everything to lose by speaking to her in her office, where what she said and how she said it would be shielded from scrutiny.

I believe that the Highest Judge will say, "You provoked this, Cynthia.  You mercilessly goaded L. into using an expletive so you could terminate membership.  You must have made him very mad in order for him to use those words."

Fight the good fight but do take the Higher Ground.

I ran aground with the downtown YMCA by taking them at their word ("values" and "mission"). I discovered they were not living up to them.  This growing disillusionment is reflected in my review updates over the past 10 years.

In a nutshell, I discovered that  it is personal agendas that drive this YMCA, not "mission," which--after all--is distributed in sheets and plastered on the walls, courtesy of the national organization.  

Most of the staff has memorized the rote.  They don't want you to see that it is just a job, including saying "hello."  But when they confidentially tell you that they are being harassed [at this YMCA]," you know something's wrong.

Under Klever, racial disparities and stereotyping have only grown, while security has steadily worsened.

Watch out for double-edged meat cleavers.

lillian3.blogspot.com/20…
lillian3.blogspot.com/20…



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire