lundi 13 juillet 2015

Real World 103, or The man who knew too much








I am reminded of the anecdote that a lifeguard at the downtown YMCA recounted to me in which an elected public official who goes there regularly to swim there scolded her angrily for something he felt she should have done but hadn't.  

Now I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly but I don't think I am, that this person will not be badgered into going into Frau Cleaver's office to ostensibly discuss a concern of hers and find a fair resolution of the conflict but instead be aggressively interrogated...with the end-game already being decided in advance and the strategy to goad him into, whatever he says or does not say, a position in which Frau Cleaver will be able at last be able to state with ease and absolute authority, "Your membership is terminated.  You violated the rules/values ("honesty," "respect," "caring," and "responsibility").

Even if I hadn't sworn at her, Frau Klever was going to find something to pin on me that morning so she could block my membership for at least for a certain amount of time, if only to gain leverage. What a sham the pretext of "resolving the email you [I] sent!    The Y value of "caring" at work! Caring for her own professional advancement, yes.  Or all the seniors who go to the downtown Y. I'm not so sure about that.  There's probably some truth in it, who would not want to be at least concerned, but there's more, I'm sure.  It's more complex than people think...

So much for honesty.

Shouldn't "equality" also among the values of the YMCA?

But maybe they're just being honest:  Equality isn't.

And they figured I didn't have enough connections to "count."    (Everything's a head count for them).

And most people write such vapid, uninformed reviews on Yelp.com about the Y as to allow them to continue business as usual.


If anyone can fill me in on the "caring" part of the tetrad, please do.



How many languages does Frau Klever speak:
0.50.   Some German and some English.

Where does this hostility come from?
When you treat people as she did on July 7, 2015 in her office, don't expect anything less.  Now I think that's stupid.  Of her and of the downtown Y.  You don't enemies lightly unless you have good reasons to do so.

Yeah, they can still easily pack the downtown Y with people from public shelters and Section 8 housing, while they build up their membership among all the singles living in the towers downtown.













Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire